Canon 70D Experience, my latest Full Stop e book and the first EOS 70D user’s guide, is now available! This e book goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of the powerful and highly customizable Canon 70D. Plus most importantly it explains how, when, and why to use the functions, settings, menu options, and controls in your photography – including the 19-point viewfinder autofocus system, new Live View-Movie AF system, exposure and shooting settings, flash and Wireless Flash, the in-camera features such as Multiple Exposure, HDR, RAW image processing, and the new Wi-Fi functions.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive style of all Full Stop guides, Canon 70D Experience will help you learn to use your 70D quickly and competently, to consistently create the types of images you want to capture. This e-book is available in either PDF or EPUB format for reading on your computer, tablet, iPad, e-reader, etc. It is my most comprehensive, fully illustrated guide yet!
Learn more about it, view a preview, and purchase it here:
As readers have said about Full Stop guides:
“An excellent guide, clear and concise. A great tool for budding photographer as well as the seasoned pro. A sure way to get the most out of your camera.”
“I don’t know how I could fully take advantage of all the features the camera has to offer without this publication! It’s well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera.”
Take control of your Canon 70D, the image taking process, and the photos you create!
For Intermediate and Enthusiast Photographers:
This instant download Canon EOS 70D e book is designed for enthusiast dSLR photographers who wish to take fuller advantage of the capabilities of their camera:
- Go beyond Auto+ and Program modes and shoot competently in Av, Tv, and M modes.
- Take full control of the versatile 19-point and new Live View autofocus systems.
- Learn how, when, and why to use and customize the various controls, buttons, and features of the 70D.
To get you started, it includes explanations and recommended settings for all Menu settings and Custom Function options of the 70D. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those learning digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation, such as taking control of the autofocus system for sharp focus of still or moving subjects, using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image, and taking advantage of the newer features found in the 70D such as Wi-Fi Functions and in-camera HDR and Multiple Exposure Modes.
For Experienced Photographers to get up and running with the 70D:
For experienced photographers coming to the EOS 70D from other models, this guide explains the new and advanced features and settings in order to quickly get you up and running and taking advantage of these capabilities. Plus it explains the camera controls, the in-camera HDR and Multiple Exposures features, in-camera image processing and editing, introduces the HD video capabilities, Wi-Fi functions, Flash and Wireless Flash, and guides you through all the 70D Menu and Custom Function items in order to help you best set up and customize the camera and its controls for your specific shooting needs.
Canon 70D Experience not only covers the various settings, functions and controls of the Canon 70D, but also explains when and why to use them for your photography. The guide focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus, settings, and options to get you up and running with HD video. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your EOS 70D – Explanations of all of the Canon 70D Custom Function settings and Menu options, with recommended settings for practical, everyday use. These settings are a significant part of what makes the 70D such a powerful and versatile camera. Set up and customize the advanced features to work best for the way you photograph.
- Camera Controls – Description of all of the camera’s controls, how to customize them for your needs, and when and why to use them.
- Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (Tv), and Manual (M) Modes – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes – Explanations of the 19-Point Viewfinder AF system and new Live View-Movie AF system, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of both still and moving subjects. Also how and when to use focus lock and back-button focusing.
- Exposure Metering Modes of the Canon 70D – How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation. Also how to make use of exposure lock.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations or for capturing a range of exposures to combine into HDR images.
- Flash and Wireless Flash – Introduction to setting up and using the built-in flash or an external Speedlite, as well as taking advantage of the Wireless Flash capabilities of the 70D.
- Wi-Fi Functions – Introduction to the set-up and use of the camera’s built-in Wi-Fi. Wirelessly control the 70D, save, or share images with your smart device or computer.
- Introduction to Video Settings – Explanations of all the movie menus, settings, and options to get you started.
- Composition – Tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- The Image Taking Process – Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls you just learned to take still and action photos.
- Lenses – Explanation of Canon lenses and choosing your next lens.
- Photography Accessories – The most useful accessories for day-to-day and travel photography including those specific to the 70D, plus recommended photography books.
This digital guide to the Canon 70D is a 360 page illustrated e-book that goes beyond the 70D manual to explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the 70D to help you get the most from your camera.
Learn more about Canon 70D Experience, view a preview, and purchase it on my Full Stop website here: