The First Nikon D810 guide, Now Available!
Nikon D810 Experience, my latest Full Stop e book and the first D810 user’s guide, is now available! This e book goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of the powerful and highly customizable Nikon D810. Plus most importantly it explains how, when, and why to use the functions, settings, menu options, and controls in your photography – including the sophisticated autofocus system with its new Group-Area AF mode, and the new Highlight-Weighted metering mode.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive style of all Full Stop dSLR guides, Nikon D810 Experience will help you learn to use your full-frame D810 quickly and competently, to consistently make the types of images you desire. This e-book is available in either PDF or EPUB format for reading on your computer, tablet, iPad, e-reader, etc.
Learn more about it, view a preview, and purchase it here:
As one reader has said about Full Stop guides, “I don’t know how I could fully take advantage of all the features the camera has to offer without this publication! It’s well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera.”
Take control of your Nikon D810, the image taking process, and the photos you create!
For Intermediate and Enthusiast Photographers:
This instant download Nikon D810 e book is designed for intermediate and enthusiast dSLR photographers who wish to take fuller advantage of the capabilities of their camera and shoot competently in A, S, and M shooting modes; take control of the sophisticated 51 point autofocus system and its multiple AF-Area Modes including the new Group-Area AF mode; and learn how, when, and why to use and customize the various controls, buttons, and features of the D810.
To help you set up your camera, it includes explanations and recommended settings for all Menu options and Custom Settings of the D810. It explains camera functions and exposure concepts for those learning digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation, such using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image, and taking advantage of other features of the D810 such as working in Live View, and the in-camera HDR, Multiple Exposure Mode, and editing features.
For Experienced Photographers to get up and running with the D810:
For experienced photographers coming to the D810 from previous Nikon models, this guide explains the new and advanced features in order to quickly get you up and running and taking advantage of these capabilities, including the advanced Autofocus System and all its AF Modes, AF-Area Modes, and Custom Settings, for capturing both still and moving subjects. It also covers back-button focusing and trap focus techniques with the D810. Plus it explains the camera controls and how to customize them, new features such as Highlight-Weighted Metering, RAW S, the Electronic Front-Curtain Shutter feature, and the HDR, Multiple Exposure, and Time-Lapse Shooting features.
The guide also introduces the HD video features and settings, and guides you through all the Playback, Shooting, and Setup Menus, Custom Settings, and Movie Mode Menu settings of the D810 in order to help you best set up the camera and its controls for your specific shooting needs, including the helpful, comprehensive Nikon D810 Set-Up Guide spreadsheet created by the author.
Nikon D810 Experience not only covers the various settings, functions and controls of the Nikon D810, but most importantly it also explains when and why to use them for your photography. The guide focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie functions, settings, and menus to get you up and running with HD video. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your D810 – All of the D810 Custom Settings and Playback, Shooting, and Setup Menus, including Movie Mode Menus, with explanations and recommended settings for practical, everyday use. Set up and customize the advanced features of your dSLR to work best for the way you photograph.
- Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), and Manual (M) Modes – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Area Modes and Release (Drive) Modes – The 51 point D810 autofocus system is a powerful tool, and taking control of it will enable you to successfully capture more sharp images, in both still and action situations. Learn the AF Modes, AF Area Modes, and AF Custom Settings, how they differ, how and when to take advantage of them to capture both still and moving subjects. Plus how and when to use focus lock and back-button focusing.
- Exposure Metering Modes of the Nikon D810 – How they differ, including the new Highlight-Weighted Metering mode, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation, and how to customize them for your needs. Plus how to make use of exposure lock.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations, customizing the controls for easy access to these features, and setting custom white balance.
- The Image Taking Process – Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls you just learned to take photos of both still and moving subjects.
- Introduction to Video Settings – Settings and explanations to get you started shooting HD video.
- Photography Accessories – The most useful accessories for day-to-day and travel photography including accessories specific to the D810.
- Lenses – Nikon (Nikkor) lenses compatibility with the D810, and explanations of lens notations.
- Composition – Tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
This 375 page digital guide to the Nikon D810 is an illustrated e-book that goes beyond the manual to clearly explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the Nikon D810 to help you get the most from your camera.
Learn more about Nikon D810 Experience, view a preview, and purchase it on my Full Stop website here:
Search This Blog
- Hidden Features of the Nikon Z7 and Nikon Z6
- Nikon Z 7 / Z 6 – Exploring the Menu Settings
- Why Nikon Isn’t Concerned about the Z 7 vs. a7R III
- Nikon Z 7 and Z 6 – Beyond the Specifications
- Sony a7R III / a7 III Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features
- Sony Alpha a7R III Menu Setup Guide – Updates Page
- Quick Start Setup for the Sony a7R III
- Nikon SnapBridge App – Version 2
- The First Nikon D850 guide, Now Available!
- Recommended Nikon D850 Settings
Did I help you choose a camera? Click below to shop at my favorite stores and help support this blog!
Popular Classic Posts
Taking Advantage of the Canon 5D Mark III/ Mark IV Autofocus System
Taking Control of Your Canon Autofocus System
Using the Nikon Autofocus System
Best Canon Lenses or Which Lens Should I Buy Next
dSLR Photography Gear, Accessories, and Books
Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
How to Start Out as a Humanitarian Photographer
- Books (36)
- Canon 5D Mark IV (2)
- Canon 5D Mk II (3)
- Canon 5D Mk III (13)
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R (3)
- Canon 60D (26)
- Canon 6D (6)
- Canon 70D (6)
- Canon 77D (3)
- Canon 7D (24)
- Canon 7D Mk II (10)
- Canon 80D (2)
- Canon EOS (dSLR, Mirrorless) (95)
- Canon T2i / 550D (5)
- Canon T3i / 600D (12)
- Canon T4i / 650D (7)
- Canon T5i / 700D (5)
- Cusco (30)
- Depth of Field (7)
- dSLR Accessories (9)
- eBooks (55)
- FAQ (2)
- Gear (119)
- Guatemala (5)
- Humanitarian Photography (25)
- Lenses (16)
- Mirrorless Cameras (8)
- Nikon (4)
- Nikon D3300 (2)
- Nikon D500 (3)
- Nikon D5100 (18)
- Nikon D5200 (7)
- Nikon D5500 (2)
- Nikon D600 (10)
- Nikon D610 (5)
- Nikon D7000 (15)
- Nikon D7100 (8)
- Nikon D7200 (3)
- Nikon D750 (4)
- Nikon D7500 (3)
- Nikon D810 (6)
- Nikon D850 (3)
- Nikon Df (3)
- Nikon dSLR (65)
- Nikon Mirrorless (2)
- Nikon Z 6 (4)
- Nikon Z 7 (4)
- Peru (47)
- Photographic Process (21)
- Photography (226)
- Resources (8)
- Sony (4)
- Sony a7 III (2)
- Sony a7R III (4)
- Technique (47)
- Travel (53)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Video (1)
- Volunteering (15)