Would you like to write about dSLR cameras/ photography and help contribute to this blog? I am looking for someone to help me out with writing articles / blog posts for this blog, Picturing Change, about the latest dSLR cameras and accessories. This blog reaches a wide, always-growing audience of dSLR photography enthusiasts, and this could give you an opportunity to share your knowledge and enthusiasm, further hone your writing skills, and develop a “portfolio” of written work. Not only that, but I’ll pay you for each post!
Please read through the following requirements/ desires and see if you would like to be considered.
What I’m Looking For:
- Contribute regular blog posts, perhaps 3 to 5 per month.
- Typical posts would be about the latest Canon and Nikon dSLR cameras and accessories, similar to several of my posts on this blog, including:
-Comparing the latest cameras (and how one would choose the right one for their needs)
-Previewing then Hands-on with the latest cameras
-“Top Ten” features of the latest cameras
-How to use a specific feature (GPS, Wi-Fi, AF system, etc)
You can look through this blog to see the typical kinds of posts I write, such as these here:
- The posts would need to have some relevant images (images and details of the camera body and/ or sample images taken with the camera).
- Thus you would likely need to develop a friendly relationship with a local camera store so that you can have access to the latest models.
- You will be credited as the author and photographer (or perhaps co-credited if I help contribute), but the text and images would have to be exclusive to my blog as far as Internet use, at least for a pre-determined time frame (Google doesn’t like seeing the same content on different sites). The articles and images will need to remain on this blog indefinitely. You retain all other rights to your writing and images. (You don’t need to contribute your portfolio images here, just informative, nice shots of/ with the cameras!)
- I will be including links to my dSLR e-book guides and Amazon affiliate links within the posts.
- While I would like to maintain a consistent “style” for my blog’s writing, your personal “voice” is welcome. What I am looking for is clear, concise, helpful writing in a somewhat “familiar,” friendly, and knowledgeable voice.
- The goal of the posts is not only to discuss the latest cameras and their features, but also to apply them info to real-world enthusiast photographers – ie: explain the differences and why a feature or option would or wouldn’t be needed by a photographer, in real-world use.
- The audience is enthusiast photographers trying to decide which dSLR model fits their needs, and dSLR owners looking to learn how to better use their equipment.
- Be extremely knowledgeable about the latest Canon and Nikon dSLR cameras, and hopefully knowledgeable about previous cameras in order to better explain how the new ones are different / improved from the previous model.
- Have access to the latest dSLR cameras as soon as they are available.
- Excellent writing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Technical knowledge and fact-checking to ensure camera specs and info are always correct.
- I have very high standards, as I wish to maintain the quality and reputation of my blog and related writing! Since I want to work with one or two people for an extended period, I am going to be picky!
- If you are a “Canon person” or a “Nikon person” and feel comfortable with just your brand, let me know, and perhaps I can find different contributors for each brand.
You would be paid per post, as a freelance consultant. Payments would be reported for my tax purposes. Any taxes due on your income would be your responsibility. No employment or benefits are offered.
Please let me know what your desired rate is. I have a range in mind, but I want to make sure I am in line with expectations. (Don’t worry, if you propose lower than what I have in mind, I will adhere to my initial range.)
If you are interested, please let me know via email:
doug (at) dojoklo (dot) com
Fill me in on your relevant background and experience, and be prepared to provide samples of applicable writing or links to existing articles/ posts, and a link to your photo website.
Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.
Comments are now closed.