Go Beyond the Nikon D7000 Manual with this D7000 e-Book User’s Guide
Nikon D7000 User’s Guide
I have completed a Nikon D7000 e book user’s guide, Nikon D7000 Experience – The Still Photographer’s Guide to Operation and Image Creation that goes beyond the D7000 manual to help you learn when and why to use the various controls, features, and custom settings of this powerful camera. As one reader has said, “This book, together with the manual that came with your camera, is all you need to start discovering the full potential of the D7000.”
The Nikon D7000 is an incredibly powerful and customizable image-making tool, and in order to get the most out of it you will need to learn how to take advantage of its features, controls, and custom settings. Like my previous ebooks, including the bestselling Your World 60D, Nikon D7000 Experience not only covers the various settings, functions and controls of the Nikon D7000, but it also explains when and why to use them for your photography. And it describes every D7000 Shooting, Setup, and Playback Menu Setting and every Custom Setting, with recommended settings to get you started quickly, including Movie Mode menu settings. Note that it focuses on still-photography and not video except for a brief introduction to video menus and settings to get you up and running. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your D7000 – All of the D7000 Custom Settings and Shooting, Setup, and Playback Menu settings, including movie mode menus, with brief descriptions and recommended settings for practical, everyday use. Set up and customize the powerful advanced features of your dSLR to work best for the way you photograph.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Area Modes and Release (Drive) Modes – How they differ, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of both still and moving subjects. Also how and when to use focus lock.
- Aperture Priority Mode (A) and Shutter Priority Mode (S) – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field or to freeze or express motion.
- Exposure Metering Modes of the Nikon D7000 – How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation. Also how to make use of exposure lock.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations.
- Composition – Brief tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- The Image Taking Process – A descriptive tutorial for using the settings and controls you just learned to take photos.
- Photography Accessories – The most useful accessories for day-to-day and travel photography.
- Introduction to Video Settings – Some basic settings to get you started.
This digital guide to the Nikon D7000 is a 63 page PDF document (also available in Kindle and Nook formats) that builds upon the information found in the D7000 manual, to help one begin to master their dSLR and learn to use the Nikon D7000 to its full capabilities. The guide cuts through all the information thrown at you in the manual and focuses on essential settings and information to help you get out there shooting in the real world. It is packed with helpful information applicable to the new and intermediate dSLR photographer – to begin to turn you into an advanced digital photographer!
View a preview of it here. The preview shows the table of contents, a bit of the intro, a page of the Menu Settings, a page of the Custom Settings, and a couple text pages.
Author: Douglas Klostermann
Format: PDF – Instant Download – read on your computer, print on your printer, transfer to your iPad, Android, or other tablet, transfer to your Kindle, Nook or other e-reader.
Page Count: 63 pages, illustrated
(plus 6.25% sales tax for residents of Massachusetts)
Secure payment with PayPal or Credit card
This version is a PDF format e-book, 8.5″x11″, which can be read on your computer screen, printed on your printer, taken with you on your laptop, and can also be read on the iPad, Android or other tablets, Kindle, Nook, or other e-readers.
Other versions of Nikon D7000 Experience e-book are available:
The Kindle edition is available on Amazon.com
The Nook edition is available at BarnesandNoble.com
The iPad and iPhone version is available through Apple’s iTunes or through the iBooks App
What Readers of Nikon D7000 Experience are Saying:
It’s the first guide I’ve read which has taken me through all the settings in an understandable way. I now feel that I have control over the camera.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get a quick start to using the D7000. Manuals are nice, but this eBook highlights the important information and gives a quick easy to understand explanation of most all of the functions and controls.
This manual is a clearly written, concise and useful explanation of the rationale for the seemingly infinite and often confusing settings options for the D7000. Used in conjunction with the Nikon manual I feel a bit more confident in understanding how to at last proceed in getting better photographs.
I found the Nikon manual good for understanding how to set things up but not much on the why – this book really focuses on the “why.”
This book, together with the manual that came with your camera, is all you need to start discovering the full potential of the D7000.
It’s clear, concise and gets to the heart of the camera’s multiple and often confusing options. Very highly recommended – for experienced user and beginner alike. As previous reviewers have remarked, the official manual is very good on what to do, but not so clear on why.
See and buy your D7000 on Amazon and help support this blog!
Comments are now closed.
Search This Blog
- Recommended Nikon D850 Settings
- Nikon D850 Tips and Tricks: New and Hidden Features of the D850
- New and Hidden Features of the Nikon D7500
- Setting up the Menus and Custom Settings of the Nikon D7500
- Canon 77D vs 80D Beyond the Specs – Hands On Differences
- The First and Best Canon 77D User’s Guide now Available!
- Setting up the Menus and Custom Functions of the Canon 5D Mark IV
- Tips and Tricks, Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
- Nikon D500 Setup Guide Spreadsheet
- The First and Best Canon EOS 5DS / 5DS R User’s Guide now Available!
Did I help you choose a camera? Click below to shop at my favorite stores and help support this blog!
One of My Latest E-Books
Nikon D750 dSLR
Popular Classic Posts
Taking Advantage of the Canon 5D Mark III/ Mark IV Autofocus System
Taking Control of Your Canon Autofocus System
Using the Nikon Autofocus System
Best Canon Lenses or Which Lens Should I Buy Next
dSLR Photography Gear, Accessories, and Books
Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
How to Start Out as a Humanitarian Photographer
- Books (33)
- Canon 5D Mark IV (2)
- Canon 5D Mk II (3)
- Canon 5D Mk III (13)
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R (3)
- Canon 60D (26)
- Canon 6D (6)
- Canon 70D (6)
- Canon 77D (3)
- Canon 7D (24)
- Canon 7D Mk II (10)
- Canon 80D (2)
- Canon EOS (dSLR, Mirrorless) (95)
- Canon T2i / 550D (5)
- Canon T3i / 600D (12)
- Canon T4i / 650D (7)
- Canon T5i / 700D (5)
- Cusco (30)
- Depth of Field (7)
- dSLR Accessories (9)
- eBooks (52)
- FAQ (2)
- Gear (111)
- Guatemala (5)
- Humanitarian Photography (25)
- Lenses (16)
- Mirrorless Cameras (1)
- Nikon D3300 (2)
- Nikon D500 (3)
- Nikon D5100 (18)
- Nikon D5200 (7)
- Nikon D5500 (2)
- Nikon D600 (10)
- Nikon D610 (5)
- Nikon D7000 (15)
- Nikon D7100 (8)
- Nikon D7200 (3)
- Nikon D750 (4)
- Nikon D7500 (3)
- Nikon D810 (6)
- Nikon D850 (2)
- Nikon Df (3)
- Nikon dSLR (64)
- Peru (47)
- Photographic Process (20)
- Photography (220)
- Resources (8)
- Technique (44)
- Travel (53)
- Uncategorized (9)
- Video (1)
- Volunteering (15)