Nikon D5500 Experience – Guide Now Available
My latest guide, Nikon D5500 Experience is now available! Nikon D5500 Experience is an e book user’s guide that goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of this versatile camera. Most importantly, it explains how, when, and why to use the camera’s features, settings, and controls in your photography.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive manner of all Full Stop guides, Nikon D5500 Experience will help you learn to use your D5500 quickly and competently, to consistently make the types of images you desire.
As one reader has said about Full Stop guides, “I don’t know how I could fully take advantage of all the features the camera has to offer without this publication! It’s well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera.”
Take control of your camera and the images you create!
This guide is designed for Intermediate and Enthusiast dSLR Photographers who wish to take fuller advantage of the capabilities of their camera to go beyond Auto modes and shoot competently in A, S, and M shooting modes; take control of the complex 39 point autofocus system; and learn how, when, and why to use and customize the controls, buttons, and features of the D5500. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those learning digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation, such as using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image.
For more experienced photographers moving up to the D5500, this guide explains the new and advanced features to quickly have you taking advantage of these capabilities, including the 39 point autofocus system and its Focus Modes and AF-Area Modes. Plus it explains the camera controls, new touch screen, the in-camera HDR and Interval Timer features, explains the HD video and Wi-Fi capabilities, and guides you through all the Menus and Custom Settings to help you set up the camera for your specific shooting needs.
Nikon D5500 Experience focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus and settings to get you started with video. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your D5500 – All of the Custom Settings and Playback, Shooting, and Setup Menus, with explanations and recommended settings to customize the camera to work best for the way you photograph.
- Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), and Manual (M) Modes – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take full control over exposure settings.
- Focus Modes, AF-Area Modes and Release Modes – Take control of the 39-point autofocus system. Learn the AF Modes and AF-Area Modes, how they differ, how and when to take advantage of them to capture both still and moving subjects.
- Exposure Metering Modes – How they differ, and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations.
- The Image Taking Process – Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls to take photos of still or moving subjects.
- Wi-Fi – Connect the D5500 to your smartphone or tablet.
- Photography Accessories – Useful accessories for the D5500 and for dSLR photography.
- Composition – Tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- Introduction to Video Settings – Settings and explanations to get you started shooting HD video.
This 279 page digital guide to the Nikon D5500 is an illustrated e-book that goes beyond the manual to clearly explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the Nikon D5500 to help you get the most from your camera.
Learn more about Nikon D5500 Experience, view a preview, and purchase it on my Full Stop website here:
If you haven’t yet purchased your D5500, be sure to use the Amazon or B and H referral links on the left side of this page, to head over to those sites – thanks!
Search This Blog
Most Popular Posts
Taking Advantage of the Canon 5D Mk III Autofocus System
Compare Nikon D5100 vs D7000 vs D90 vs D3100
Nikon D810 Setup Guide
Taking Control of Your Canon Autofocus System
Which Canon dSLR Model to Buy
Nikon D610 Tips and Tricks
Go Beyond the Canon 5D Mk III Manual with the first 5DIII eBook User’s Guide
Top Ten Accessories for the Canon T5i/700D
Nikon D7000 vs. Canon 60D
Using the Nikon D810 / D610 / D7100 / D5300 Autofocus System
Best Canon Lenses or Which Lens Should I Buy Next
SLR Photography Gear, Accessories, and Books
Did I help you choose a camera? Click below to shop at my favorite stores and help support this blog!
- Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
- Nikon D500 Setup Guide Spreadsheet
- The First and Best Canon EOS 5DS / 5DS R User’s Guide now Available!
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R Setup Guide with Recommended Settings
- Nikon D7200 Setup Guide with Recommended Settings
- Why the Nikon D7200 is not a DX Version of the D750
- Nikon D5500 Experience – Guide Now Available
- Canon 7D Mark II Setup Guide with Recommended Settings
- Canon 7D Mark II – Tips and Tricks, part 1
- Nikon D750 Heads to the Cape – Hands On Review
One of My Latest E-Books
Nikon D750 dSLR
- Books (32)
- Canon 5D Mk II (3)
- Canon 5D Mk III (13)
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R (2)
- Canon 60D (26)
- Canon 6D (6)
- Canon 70D (6)
- Canon 7D (24)
- Canon 7D Mk II (10)
- Canon EOS (dSLR, Mirrorless) (92)
- Canon T2i / 550D (5)
- Canon T3i / 600D (12)
- Canon T4i / 650D (7)
- Canon T5i / 700D (5)
- Cusco (30)
- Depth of Field (7)
- dSLR Accessories (9)
- eBooks (51)
- FAQ (2)
- Gear (104)
- Guatemala (5)
- Humanitarian Photography (25)
- Lenses (16)
- Mirrorless Cameras (1)
- Nikon D3300 (2)
- Nikon D500 (2)
- Nikon D5100 (18)
- Nikon D5200 (7)
- Nikon D5500 (1)
- Nikon D600 (10)
- Nikon D610 (5)
- Nikon D7000 (15)
- Nikon D7100 (8)
- Nikon D7200 (2)
- Nikon D750 (3)
- Nikon D810 (6)
- Nikon Df (3)
- Nikon dSLR (61)
- Peru (47)
- Photographic Process (19)
- Photography (214)
- Resources (8)
- Technique (42)
- Travel (53)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Video (1)
- Volunteering (15)