Nikon D5500 Experience – Guide Now Available
My latest guide, Nikon D5500 Experience is now available! Nikon D5500 Experience is an e book user’s guide that goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of this versatile camera. Most importantly, it explains how, when, and why to use the camera’s features, settings, and controls in your photography.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive manner of all Full Stop guides, Nikon D5500 Experience will help you learn to use your D5500 quickly and competently, to consistently make the types of images you desire.
As one reader has said about Full Stop guides, “I don’t know how I could fully take advantage of all the features the camera has to offer without this publication! It’s well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera.”
Take control of your camera and the images you create!
This guide is designed for Intermediate and Enthusiast dSLR Photographers who wish to take fuller advantage of the capabilities of their camera to go beyond Auto modes and shoot competently in A, S, and M shooting modes; take control of the complex 39 point autofocus system; and learn how, when, and why to use and customize the controls, buttons, and features of the D5500. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those learning digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation, such as using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image.
For more experienced photographers moving up to the D5500, this guide explains the new and advanced features to quickly have you taking advantage of these capabilities, including the 39 point autofocus system and its Focus Modes and AF-Area Modes. Plus it explains the camera controls, new touch screen, the in-camera HDR and Interval Timer features, explains the HD video and Wi-Fi capabilities, and guides you through all the Menus and Custom Settings to help you set up the camera for your specific shooting needs.
Nikon D5500 Experience focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus and settings to get you started with video. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your D5500 – All of the Custom Settings and Playback, Shooting, and Setup Menus, with explanations and recommended settings to customize the camera to work best for the way you photograph.
- Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), and Manual (M) Modes – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take full control over exposure settings.
- Focus Modes, AF-Area Modes and Release Modes – Take control of the 39-point autofocus system. Learn the AF Modes and AF-Area Modes, how they differ, how and when to take advantage of them to capture both still and moving subjects.
- Exposure Metering Modes – How they differ, and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations.
- The Image Taking Process – Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls to take photos of still or moving subjects.
- Wi-Fi – Connect the D5500 to your smartphone or tablet.
- Photography Accessories – Useful accessories for the D5500 and for dSLR photography.
- Composition – Tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- Introduction to Video Settings – Settings and explanations to get you started shooting HD video.
This 279 page digital guide to the Nikon D5500 is an illustrated e-book that goes beyond the manual to clearly explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the Nikon D5500 to help you get the most from your camera.
Learn more about Nikon D5500 Experience, view a preview, and purchase it on my Full Stop website here:
If you haven’t yet purchased your D5500, be sure to use the Amazon or B and H referral links on the left side of this page, to head over to those sites – thanks!
Search This Blog
- Nikon Z7 / Z6 Firmware Version 2.0 Update
- Hidden Features of the Nikon Z7 and Nikon Z6
- Nikon Z 7 / Z 6 – Exploring the Menu Settings
- Why Nikon Isn’t Concerned about the Z 7 vs. a7R III
- Nikon Z 7 and Z 6 – Beyond the Specifications
- Sony a7R III / a7 III Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features
- Sony Alpha a7R III Menu Setup Guide – Updates Page
- Quick Start Setup for the Sony a7R III
- Nikon SnapBridge App – Version 2
- The First Nikon D850 guide, Now Available!
Did I help you choose a camera? Click below to shop at my favorite stores and help support this blog!
Popular Classic Posts
Taking Advantage of the Canon 5D Mark III/ Mark IV Autofocus System
Taking Control of Your Canon Autofocus System
Using the Nikon Autofocus System
Best Canon Lenses or Which Lens Should I Buy Next
dSLR Photography Gear, Accessories, and Books
Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
How to Start Out as a Humanitarian Photographer
- Books (36)
- Canon (96)
- Canon 5D Mark IV (2)
- Canon 5D Mk II (3)
- Canon 5D Mk III (13)
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R (3)
- Canon 60D (26)
- Canon 6D (6)
- Canon 70D (6)
- Canon 77D (3)
- Canon 7D (24)
- Canon 7D Mk II (10)
- Canon 80D (2)
- Canon EOS (dSLR, Mirrorless) (95)
- Canon T2i / 550D (5)
- Canon T3i / 600D (12)
- Canon T4i / 650D (8)
- Canon T5i / 700D (5)
- Cusco (31)
- Depth of Field (7)
- dSLR Accessories (9)
- eBooks (56)
- FAQ (2)
- Gear (121)
- Guatemala (5)
- Humanitarian Photography (25)
- Lenses (16)
- Mirrorless Cameras (9)
- Nikon (26)
- Nikon D3300 (2)
- Nikon D500 (3)
- Nikon D5100 (18)
- Nikon D5200 (7)
- Nikon D5500 (2)
- Nikon D600 (10)
- Nikon D610 (5)
- Nikon D7000 (15)
- Nikon D7100 (8)
- Nikon D7200 (3)
- Nikon D750 (4)
- Nikon D7500 (3)
- Nikon D810 (6)
- Nikon D850 (3)
- Nikon Df (3)
- Nikon dSLR (65)
- Nikon Mirrorless (3)
- Nikon Z 6 (5)
- Nikon Z 7 (5)
- Peru (48)
- Photographic Process (21)
- Photography (228)
- Resources (8)
- Sony (4)
- Sony a7 III (2)
- Sony a7R III (4)
- Technique (47)
- Travel (54)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Video (1)
- Volunteering (15)