Canon T5i / 700D Experience, my latest Full Stop dSLR e-book and the first (and best!) available user’s guide to the T5i / 700D, goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of the advanced and versatile Rebel T5i / 700D, plus most importantly how, when, and why to use the functions, settings, and controls in your photography.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive style of all Full Stop guides, Canon T5i / 700D Experience will help you learn to use your Canon T5i / 700D quickly and competently, to consistently make the types of images you desire. The e-book is available in PDF and EPUB formats for reading on your computer, e-reader, or tablet.
Learn more about it, preview it, and purchase it here:
As one Canon user has said about Doug’s previous Canon guide:
“The author skillfully unlocks all of the camera’s features and power, while offering clear guidance about how to use them to achieve the camera’s full potential. This is not just an explanation of each feature, but a road-map for their best use…in combination with good photographic technique.”
For beginner, intermediate and enthusiast photographers: This Canon T5i / 700D guide is for those who wish to get more out of their camera and to go beyond Auto+ and Program modes and shoot in Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (Tv), and Manual (M) modes. To get you set up, it begins with explanations and recommended settings for all Menu settings, Custom Function options, and Movie Mode Menu settings of the T5i / 700D. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those new to digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation, such as using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image, controlling autofocus modes and focus points for sharp focus of still or moving subjects, and making use of the built-in flash or an external Speedlite.
Canon T5i / 700D Experience focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus and settings to get you up and running with video. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your T5i: Explanations of all the Menu options and Custom Function settings including Movie Mode menus, with descriptions and recommended settings for practical, everyday use.
- Camera Controls: Description of all of the camera’s controls plus when and how to use them, including how to take advantage of the Touch Screen and Quick Control settings screens.
- Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (Tv), and Manual (M) Modes: How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings. Plus using the multi-shot exposure modes.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes: How they differ, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of both still and moving subjects, for both viewfinder shooting and Live View.
- Exposure Metering Modes: How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance: Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations.
- The Image Taking Process: Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls you just learned to take still and action photos.
- Introduction to Video Settings: Explanation of the settings and options to get you started shooting movies.
- Flash: Using the built-in flash, external Speedlites, and wireless flash.
- Lenses: Explanation of Canon lenses and choosing your next lens.
- Composition: Brief tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- Photography Accessories: The most useful accessories for the T5i and for dSLR photography.
This illustrated digital guide to the Canon T5i / 700D goes beyond the manual to explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the T5i / 700D to help you get the most from your camera.
Take control of your Rebel T5i / EOS 700D, the image taking process, and the photos you create!
Example images from Canon T5i / 700D Experience
Learn more about Canon T5i / 700D Experience e book manual for the Rebel T5i / EOS 700D on my Full Stop website here: