The First Nikon D610 guide, Now Available!
Nikon has recently introduced the full-frame Nikon D610, an update to the popular and powerful D600. The new model has some small but significant upgrades, and I’ve taken the opportunity to update my guide for this new D610, with additional explanations and lots of new images.
Nikon D610 Experience, my latest Full Stop e book and the first D610 user’s guide, is now available! This e book goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of the powerful and highly customizable Nikon D610. Plus most importantly it explains how, when, and why to use the functions, settings, menu options, and controls in your photography – including the sophisticated autofocus system and the in-camera features such as Multiple Exposure, HDR, and Time-Lapse Shooting.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive style of all Full Stop dSLR guides, Nikon D610 Experience will help you learn to use your full-frame D610 quickly and competently, to consistently create the types of images you want to capture. This e-book is available in either PDF or EPUB format for reading on your computer, tablet, iPad, e-reader, etc.
Learn more about it, view a preview, and purchase it here:
As one reader has said about Full Stop guides, “I don’t know how I could fully take advantage of all the features the camera has to offer without this publication! It’s well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera.”
Take control of your Nikon D610, the image taking process, and the photos you create!
This guide is designed for Intermediate and Enthusiast dSLR Photographers who wish to take fuller advantage of the capabilities of the camera to go beyond Auto and Program modes and shoot competently in A, S, and M modes; take control of the sophisticated 39 point autofocus system; learn how, when, and why to use the controls, buttons, and features of the D610, and much more. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those learning digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation such as using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image.
For experienced photographers coming to the D610 from previous models, this guide explains the new and advanced features to quickly get you up and running and taking advantage of these capabilities, including the advanced 39 Point Autofocus System and its Autofocus Modes, AF-Area Modes, Menu options and Custom Settings. Plus it explains the camera controls, the in-camera HDR, Multiple Exposures, Interval Timer and Time-Lapse Shooting features, introduces the settings and controls of the HD video capabilities, and guides you through all the Menu and Custom Settings options to help you set up the camera for your specific needs.
Nikon D610 Experience focuses on still-photography with an introduction to HD video in order to get you up and running with shooting movies, including the movie settings and menu options. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your D610 – All of the D610 Custom Settings and Playback, Shooting, and Setup Menus, including Movie Mode Menus, with explanations and recommended settings for practical, everyday use. Set up and customize the advanced features of your dSLR to work best for the way you photograph.
- Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), and Manual (M) Modes – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Area Modes and Release (Drive) Modes – The 39 point D610 autofocus system is a is a powerful tool, and taking control of it will enable you to successfully capture more sharp images, especially in action situations. Learn the AF Modes, AF Area Modes, and AF Custom Settings, how they differ, how and when to take advantage of them to capture both still and moving subjects. Plus how and when to use focus lock and back-button focusing techniques.
- Exposure Metering Modes of the Nikon D610 – How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation, and how to customize them for your needs. Also how to make use of exposure lock.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations, and setting custom white balance.
- The Image Taking Process – Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls you just learned to take photos of both still and moving subjects.
- Photography Accessories – The most useful accessories and books for day-to-day and travel photography including accessories specific to the D610.
- Composition – Tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- Introduction to Video Settings – Settings and explanations to get you started shooting HD video.
This digital guide to the Nikon D610 is a 260 page illustrated e-book that goes beyond the manual to explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the D610 to help you get the most from your camera.
Learn more about Nikon D610 Experience, view a preview, and purchase it on my Full Stop website here:
Search This Blog
- New and Hidden Features of the Nikon D7500
- Setting up the Menus and Custom Settings of the Nikon D7500
- Canon 77D vs 80D Beyond the Specs – Hands On Differences
- The First and Best Canon 77D User’s Guide now Available!
- Setting up the Menus and Custom Functions of the Canon 5D Mark IV
- Tips and Tricks, Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
- Nikon D500 Setup Guide Spreadsheet
- The First and Best Canon EOS 5DS / 5DS R User’s Guide now Available!
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R Setup Guide with Recommended Settings
- Nikon D7200 Setup Guide with Recommended Settings
Did I help you choose a camera? Click below to shop at my favorite stores and help support this blog!
One of My Latest E-Books
Nikon D750 dSLR
Popular Classic Posts
Taking Advantage of the Canon 5D Mark III/ Mark IV Autofocus System
Taking Control of Your Canon Autofocus System
Using the Nikon Autofocus System
Best Canon Lenses or Which Lens Should I Buy Next
dSLR Photography Gear, Accessories, and Books
Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
How to Start Out as a Humanitarian Photographer
- Books (33)
- Canon 5D Mark IV (2)
- Canon 5D Mk II (3)
- Canon 5D Mk III (13)
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R (3)
- Canon 60D (26)
- Canon 6D (6)
- Canon 70D (6)
- Canon 77D (3)
- Canon 7D (24)
- Canon 7D Mk II (10)
- Canon 80D (2)
- Canon EOS (dSLR, Mirrorless) (95)
- Canon T2i / 550D (5)
- Canon T3i / 600D (12)
- Canon T4i / 650D (7)
- Canon T5i / 700D (5)
- Cusco (30)
- Depth of Field (7)
- dSLR Accessories (9)
- eBooks (52)
- FAQ (2)
- Gear (109)
- Guatemala (5)
- Humanitarian Photography (25)
- Lenses (16)
- Mirrorless Cameras (1)
- Nikon D3300 (2)
- Nikon D500 (3)
- Nikon D5100 (18)
- Nikon D5200 (7)
- Nikon D5500 (2)
- Nikon D600 (10)
- Nikon D610 (5)
- Nikon D7000 (15)
- Nikon D7100 (8)
- Nikon D7200 (3)
- Nikon D750 (4)
- Nikon D7500 (3)
- Nikon D810 (6)
- Nikon Df (3)
- Nikon dSLR (63)
- Peru (47)
- Photographic Process (19)
- Photography (219)
- Resources (8)
- Technique (43)
- Travel (53)
- Uncategorized (8)
- Video (1)
- Volunteering (15)