The First Canon 6D User’s Guide Now Available!
Canon 6D Experience, my newest Full Stop e book and the first EOS 6D user’s guide, is now available! This e book goes beyond the manual to help you learn the features, settings, and controls of the powerful and highly customizable full-frame Canon 6D. Plus most importantly it explains how, when, and why to use the functions, settings, menu options, and controls in your photography – including the autofocus system, exposure and shooting settings, and the in-camera features such as Multiple Exposure, HDR, RAW image processing, and the new Wi-Fi and GPS functions.
Written in the clear, concise, and comprehensive style of all Full Stop guides, Canon 6D Experience will help you learn to use your full-frame 6D quickly and competently, to consistently create the types of images you want to capture. This e-book is available in either PDF or EPUB format for reading on your computer, tablet, iPad, e-reader, etc.
Learn more about it, view a preview, and purchase it here:
As readers have said about Full Stop guides:
“An excellent guide, clear and concise. A great tool for budding photographer as well as the seasoned pro. A sure way to get the most out of your camera.”
“I don’t know how I could fully take advantage of all the features the camera has to offer without this publication! It’s well-organized, easy to understand, and succinct enough to keep your attention while still containing a wealth of information to get the most out of your camera.”
Take control of your Canon 6D, the image taking process, and the photos you create!
For Intermediate and Enthusiast Photographers:
This instant download Canon EOS 6D e book is designed for enthusiast dSLR photographers who wish to take fuller advantage of the capabilities of their camera:
- Go beyond Auto+ and Program modes and shoot competently in Av, Tv, and M modes.
- Take full control of the versatile autofocus system.
- Learn how, when, and why to use and customize the various controls, buttons, and features of the 6D.
To get you started, it includes explanations and recommended settings for all Menu settings and Custom Function options of the 6D. It covers basic dSLR camera functions and exposure concepts for those learning digital SLR photography, and explains more advanced camera controls and operation, such as taking control of the autofocus system for sharp focus of still or moving subjects, using the various metering modes and exposure compensation for correct exposure of every image, and taking advantage of the newer features found in the 6D such as in-camera HDR and Multiple Exposure Modes.
For Experienced Photographers to get up and running with the 6D :
For experienced photographers coming to the EOS 6D from other models, this guide explains the new and advanced features and settings in order to quickly get you up and running and taking advantage of these capabilities. Plus it explains the camera controls, the in-camera HDR and Multiple Exposures features, in-camera image processing, introduces the HD video capabilities, Wi-Fi and GPS functions, and guides you through all the 6D Menu and Custom Function items in order to help you best set up and customize the camera and its controls for your specific shooting needs.
Example images from Canon 6D Experience:
High ISO sample, Autofocus AF Points in Viewfinder,
Multiple Exposure Shooting Mode, Wi-Fi remote shooting using smart device.
Canon 6D Experience not only covers the various settings, functions and controls of the Canon 6D, but also explains when and why to use them for your photography. The guide focuses on still-photography with an introduction to the movie menus, settings, and options to get you up and running with HD video. Sections include:
- Setting Up Your EOS 6D – Explanations of all of the Canon 6D Custom Function settings and Menu options, with recommended settings for practical, everyday use. These settings are a significant part of what makes the 6D such a powerful and versatile camera. Set up and customize the advanced features to work best for the way you photograph.
- Camera Controls – Description of all of the camera’s controls, how to customize them for your needs, and when and why to use them.
- Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (Tv), and Manual (M) Modes – How and when to use them to create dramatic depth of field, freeze or express motion, or take total control over exposure settings.
- Auto Focusing Modes and Drive Modes – How they differ, how and when to use them to capture sharp images of both still and moving subjects. Also how and when to use focus lock and back-button focusing.
- Exposure Metering Modes of the Canon 6D – How they differ, how and when to use them for correct exposures in every situation. Also how to make use of exposure lock.
- Histograms, Exposure Compensation, Bracketing, and White Balance – Understanding and using these features for adjusting to the proper exposure in challenging lighting situations or for capturing a range of exposures to combine into HDR images.
- Wi-Fi and GPS – Introduction to the set-up and use of the camera’s built-in Wi-Fi and GPS. Wirelessly control the 6D, save, or share images with your smart device or computer, and geotag and map your photos.
- Introduction to Video Settings – Explanations of the menus, settings, and options to get you started.
- Composition – Brief tips, techniques, and explanations, including the creative use of depth of field.
- The Image Taking Process – Descriptive tutorials for using the settings and controls you just learned to take still and action photos.
- Lenses – Explanation of Canon lenses and choosing your next lens.
- Photography Accessories – The most useful accessories for day-to-day and travel photography including those specific to the 6D, plus recommended photography books.
This digital guide to the Canon 6D is a 248 page illustrated e-book that goes beyond the 6D manual to explain how, when, and why to use the features, settings, and controls of the 6D to help you get the most from your camera.
Learn more about Canon 6D Experience, view a preview, and purchase it on my Full Stop website here:
Tags: 6D, 6D book, autofocus, beginner, book, Canon, canon 6D, Canon 6D book, custom, dummies, eos 6d, field gude, focus, focusing, full frame, guide, how to, instruction, intermediate, learn, manual, menu, recommend, setting, setup, tips, tricks, tutorial, User guide
Comments are now closed.
Search This Blog
- Hidden Features of the Nikon Z7 and Nikon Z6
- Nikon Z 7 / Z 6 – Exploring the Menu Settings
- Why Nikon Isn’t Concerned about the Z 7 vs. a7R III
- Nikon Z 7 and Z 6 – Beyond the Specifications
- Sony a7R III / a7 III Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features
- Sony Alpha a7R III Menu Setup Guide – Updates Page
- Quick Start Setup for the Sony a7R III
- Nikon SnapBridge App – Version 2
- The First Nikon D850 guide, Now Available!
- Recommended Nikon D850 Settings
Did I help you choose a camera? Click below to shop at my favorite stores and help support this blog!
Popular Classic Posts
Taking Advantage of the Canon 5D Mark III/ Mark IV Autofocus System
Taking Control of Your Canon Autofocus System
Using the Nikon Autofocus System
Best Canon Lenses or Which Lens Should I Buy Next
dSLR Photography Gear, Accessories, and Books
Hidden Features of the Nikon D500
How to Start Out as a Humanitarian Photographer
- Books (36)
- Canon 5D Mark IV (2)
- Canon 5D Mk II (3)
- Canon 5D Mk III (13)
- Canon 5DS / 5DS R (3)
- Canon 60D (26)
- Canon 6D (6)
- Canon 70D (6)
- Canon 77D (3)
- Canon 7D (24)
- Canon 7D Mk II (10)
- Canon 80D (2)
- Canon EOS (dSLR, Mirrorless) (95)
- Canon T2i / 550D (5)
- Canon T3i / 600D (12)
- Canon T4i / 650D (7)
- Canon T5i / 700D (5)
- Cusco (30)
- Depth of Field (7)
- dSLR Accessories (9)
- eBooks (55)
- FAQ (2)
- Gear (119)
- Guatemala (5)
- Humanitarian Photography (25)
- Lenses (16)
- Mirrorless Cameras (8)
- Nikon (4)
- Nikon D3300 (2)
- Nikon D500 (3)
- Nikon D5100 (18)
- Nikon D5200 (7)
- Nikon D5500 (2)
- Nikon D600 (10)
- Nikon D610 (5)
- Nikon D7000 (15)
- Nikon D7100 (8)
- Nikon D7200 (3)
- Nikon D750 (4)
- Nikon D7500 (3)
- Nikon D810 (6)
- Nikon D850 (3)
- Nikon Df (3)
- Nikon dSLR (65)
- Nikon Mirrorless (2)
- Nikon Z 6 (4)
- Nikon Z 7 (4)
- Peru (47)
- Photographic Process (21)
- Photography (226)
- Resources (8)
- Sony (4)
- Sony a7 III (2)
- Sony a7R III (4)
- Technique (47)
- Travel (53)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Video (1)
- Volunteering (15)